Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Fun in the Sun in George Town!

It has been a few weeks since my last blog post so I wanted to let everyone to know we have now made it all the way down the beautiful Exuma chain and are anchored at a really amazing place called George Town.

To get here we have sailed over 120 miles from Eleuthera and have seen dozens of islands.  Some of my favorites have been Warderwick Wells, Staniel Cay and Blackpoint.  Each one was so awesome they deserve their own blog post!

One of the big reasons I really like George Town is because there are a lot of kid boats here and new boats seem to show up every day.  We get to hang out with our friends everyday after boat school.  Some of the fun things we get to do are movie nights where we get to go to another boat, make popcorn and watch a good movie. 

Sailor from SV Soul Shine and Aiden and Ava from SV Sava came over for movie night!


We also celebrated my 13thbirthday on the boat with my friends and we tried out the boom swing we made. 

Birthday Party Boom Swing!


My Dad made an awesome kid launcher that pulled you 30 feet in the air and we landed in the water. 





My Mom and brothers also made a cake for the party all the boat kids were super excited because they haven’t had cake in months and the whole cake was gone in 2 minutes.

Friends from SV Sava, SV Gato and SV Mariposa came over to celebrate! 



It is easy to make friends in George Town and I have met kids of all ages.  Some of my good friends are Aiden and Ava on SV Sava and  Penelope and Christian on SV Gato and Heather and Katie on SV Mariposa.

George Town also has a lot of cool things I like to do outside.  From our boat there are three great snorkeling spots where I get to see turtles, reef fish and sting rays.  The water is calm here and some spots are shallow enough to stand up if you get tired.



We found an abandoned resort across the bay called “Crab Cay”. Before this resort was abandoned they build a really expensive canal that had tall cliffs and under water there was coral and fish. This was the perfect spot for a good cliff jumping picture. It was so much fun to jump off the tall cliffs into the clear water. 



My favorite thing to do after boat school is to hang out at the Chat-n-Chill beach with my friends where we can do a lot of fun things.  I have learned to play beach volleyball and here is a picture of my mom and dad playing a game.


People play "Fun" Volleyball everyday at 2pm. My mom calls this the adult PE class. 


They have a tall rope swing over the beach that goes really fast and we also play on a slack line where you can test your balance.




Hanging out on the slack line with our friends Daniel and Elena

Swinging from the rope swing!


There are also 5 cats that live on the island and I get to play with them all the time.  These cats are nice and purr when you pet them. My friends and I have named all the cats Buttercup, Ginger, Waffles, Pepsi, and Slick. I was the one who named one cat Waffles.

Here are some cool pictures of Waffles taken by Josie on SV Tailsman



I hope you will get a chance to see George Town as it is a great place  Next week is the Bahamian Family Sailing Regatta which is going to be really interesting.  I will write you soon to let you know about our next adventure as we leave the Bahamas after five months and head to the Turks and Caicos and then we are heading further south to the Dominican Republic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment